Terms and Conditions
Official Rules: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Sponsor: Eagle Creek, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc., 5935 Darwin Court, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA. Open only to legal residents of the U.S. or Canada, 21 or over. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families of Sponsor, Goway Travel Ltd., Air New Zealand Limited, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and their agencies are not eligible for Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes begins June 15, 2013 and ends August 15, 2013. Void in Québec and where prohibited.
A) At Participating Eagle Creek Retailers. Complete entry form* & deposit in specially marked entry box by close of business on August 15, 2013.
B) By Mail. Mail completed entry form in business size (#10) envelope to Win a Trip to New Zealand Sweepstakes c/o Eagle Creek at above address, to be postmarked by August 22, 2013 & received by August 29, 2013.
C) Online. Go to www.eaglecreek.com/sweeps (or scan the QR Code with a smart phone to access the mobile webpage). Complete & submit entry form between June 15, 2013 @ 12:00:01 a.m. PT & August 15, 2013 @ 11:59:59 p.m. PT.
*If retailer runs out of entry forms, print name, complete address, phone & e-mail address (if any) on 3x5 card and submit by mail).
No copied entries accepted. Proof of submitting entry is NOT proof of entry. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. A particular e-mail address may only be used by one person to participate in Sweepstakes. Online entries generated by script, programmed or like means are void. In the event of dispute, online entry will be deemed submitted by registered owner of e-mail account. Standard messaging and data rates apply to use of mobile web page. Mobile web browsing technology not available in all areas or on all phones and may result in additional charges as per mobile plan
2. Winner Determination. On or about October 1, 2013, winners will be selected by Sponsor at its offices in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Entrants agree to these Official Rules & Sponsor.s decisions, which are final & binding. Winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and/or mail. If a Canadian resident is selected in drawing, he/she must first correctly answer a time-based mathematical skill-testing question without assistance to be declared a potential winner. Failure to claim prize within 10 days of notification will result in forfeiture of prize.
3. Prizes/Approx. Retail Value ("ARV"). Grand Prize (1): trip to New Zealand for the winner and one (1) guest. Trip includes seven (7) nights first class accommodations in New Zealand; roundtrip international economy class air travel between select U.S./Canadian cities [Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Vancouver (YVR) and Honolulu (HNL)]3 and Auckland; coach air travel within New Zealand between Auckland and Queenstown; ground transfers between New Zealand airports and hotels; excursion to Rotorua (tipping, meals, personal items & alcohol NOT included, other restrictions apply). Prize also includes (1) set of Eagle Creek luggage. ARV: $7,000 (USD). Second Prize (1): (1) set of Eagle Creek luggage (ARV: $500 USD).4 Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize Restrictions. For Grand Prize: All travel arrangements are subject to availability, blackout dates & other restrictions. Reservations must be requested at least thirty (30) days prior to intended date of departure and are subject to availability at time of request. Prize travel must be completed by 12/15/2014. Travel is not permitted December 15, 2013 . January 15, 2014. Winner & guest must travel on same itinerary. Rebooking and changes are not permitted. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. For All Prizes: All unspecified expenses related to acceptance/use of prize & all applicable taxes on prize are winner.s sole responsibility. For Grand Prize, expenses include costs of obtaining required travel documents (including passport), insurance and other costs.5 No prize substitution, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, if advertised prize is unavailable and only then for prize of equal or greater value. No prize transfer. Limit (1) prize per address or household.
5. Conditions of Participation. Grand Prize winner must sign & return affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where legal) within ten (10) days of prize acceptance. Guest of Grand Prize winner must sign & return a liability release and a publicity release (where legal), prior to travel. If guest is a minor, guest.s parent/legal guardian must be Grand Prize winner and sign documents on his/her behalf. In the event of non-compliance or if prize notification for any prize is returned as undeliverable/winner cannot be contacted, such prize will be forfeited & an alternate winner selected. By accepting prize, where legal, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, likeness and/or other indicia of persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, Goway Travel Ltd., Air New Zealand Limited, their respective partners, affiliates and subsidiaries, agencies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders and employees from all liability arising from Sweepstakes participation and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of prize. Sponsor may disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the operation of the Sweepstakes or any web site or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, with the understanding that disqualification will NOT be Sponsor.s sole available remedy. Sponsor.s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules is NOT a waiver of such provision.
6. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (a) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site and/or entries; and (b) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, or for injury or damage to entrant.s or to any person.s computer or smart phone (or any information stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any web site or participating in Sweepstakes. Sponsor is also not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected entries or postage due mail. If, for any reason, Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as originally planned (e.g., computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, strike, riot, natural disaster, war, terrorist action or threat of same) which, in Sponsor.s sole discretion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by a means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, with notice of same being posted on web site.
7. Dispute Resolution/Governing Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree (i) that any claim/dispute/cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes must be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in state court in San Diego County, California, USA or in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California; (ii) that they agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue (or any like right); and (iii) that their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery. In any claim/dispute/cause of action, the court shall apply the internal law of the State of California, USA.
8. Winners' List. For the names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Win a Trip to New Zealand Sweepstakes Winners c/o Eagle Creek at above address, for receipt by October 1, 2013. Canadian residents only may omit return postage.